Wednesday 22 January 2014

Moments that Mattered

Following quite a negative post, I feel it's important to highlight the moments of 2013 that mattered to us. I am posting this also to enter a competition to win an iPad Mini. If I won this, obviously this would help my little man who struggles with communication. The competition is supported by http://www.lloydsbank.com/

2013 has been a turbulent year, but here are some of the highlights.

A trip to Legoland Windsor, my son's obsession with Lego was well and truly satisfied when we surprised him and his sisters with this trip! It was by far the best day we have had all year and therefore it needs to be first mentioned! Here is one of the funniest pictures I have of the day!

As you can see, my smallest little lady at the front pulled this cracking face in terror as we shot down the log flume! Priceless.

The other moment that stands out for 2013 is that my son for the first time in his 7 years of living, has said the words " Love you, mum". I don't even care if he doesn't mean it, or understand what love feels like!

Another amazing moment for me personally, was that my application to begin a Degree in an extremely competitive field was successful. I have a place at my local university, I got the news in December, just in time for Christmas and I begin in February 2014. Exciting news, even if I will be very poor for the next 3 years, the long term outlook is better! 

A heart warming moment for the family was watching 8 new lives enter the world! Our lovely family Labrador gave birth in April 2013 to 8 beautiful puppies! My husband and I were all hands on deck as she pushed her first puppy out and I was quickly able to stimulate a little squeak off of him. He was such a big puppy! He weighed in at 508g which was over 100g more than his litter mates! I fell in love with him, we nicknamed him Chunk and my Dad fell for him too, so I gave him to my Dad and told him to enjoy him! Here are a few pics of the tiny puppies :) We all love puppies, right?

"Chunk" about 2 minutes old!

Our lovely Lab, smiling with her eyes!

So there we go, those were the highlights of our 2013! With 2014 promising to bring more positive changes :)




No comments:

Post a Comment